Jerome School District #261
- As set by State of Idaho Registered Nurse Requirements
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with general educational ethical requirements of the Jerome School District and the State Department of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITIES
- Provides health and wellness screenings and health counseling
- Maintains health files and provides results of health screenings to parents and teachers.
- Gives necessary medical care, within scope of practice, to students who become ill or are injured on school property or on buses.
- Provides education/instruction regarding health related subjects in the classroom, in small groups, and on an individual basis when requested.
- Assists administrators to assure student immunization status complies with state law
- Assists with administration of medication to students when prescribed by a physician.
- Conducts staff development in health related areas when requested.
- Provides health training and information to parents as needed.
- Serves as a resource person for various committees such as the Wellness Committee and School Safety Committee.
- Promotes good health practices through communication with students, parents and staff.
- Monitors and maintains adequate health room supplies for health room.
- Participates in IEP Team or other school care teams when requested.
- Evaluates health history forms provided by parents or physicians to assist in identifying and accommodating students with medical needs.
- Develops health plans when requested by the child study team.
- Acts as contact person for physicians and health agencies.
- Refers eligible students to homebound services.
- Supports wellness programs such as influenza vaccines, blood draws, and blood pressure checks.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
- Complete appropriate reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and suggest revisions to the program, as needed.
- Conducts home visits when appropriate.
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies. Initiates program changes as necessary.