Jerome School District #261
- Evaluates referred pupils as candidates for Special Education Program and presents a report to the local education authority on pupils evaluated. Testing may include intelligence, achievement, personality, perceptual motor and social/emotional assessments. Consults with problem-solving, evaluation and IEP teams.
- Valid Idaho Certificate with School Psychologist endorsement.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with general educational ethical requirements of the Jerome School District and the State Department of Education.
- Meet students at designated times and locations.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior.
- Assist in development of programs for students with disabilities.
- Assist in administration of district group testing program.
- Assist in evaluation of district testing program.
- Schedule and conduct psychological examinations of referred students and prepare psychological reports.
- Participate as team member for problem-solving team, evaluation and IEP team meetings and maintain all required records.
- Serve as a consultant to school social workers, case managers and counselors.
- Serve as a consultant to problem-solving teams, evaluation teams and IEP teams.
- Provide individual counseling and/or therapy as determined by team.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Follow curriculum, instruction and assessment practices as approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Participate in curriculum, developmental programs and student activities.
- Complete appropriate reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and suggest revisions to the program, as needed.
- Any other duties as directed by the Building Administrator.
Teachers: Special Education, Elementary and Secondary Classroom, and District Support Staff - Jerome School District Schools - see list