Jerome School District #261
- Works with general and special education students with language handicaps, articulation deficits, dysfluencies and voice disorders. Consult with problem-solving, evaluation and IEP teams.
- Valid Idaho Certificate with Speech Therapist endorsement.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with general educational ethical requirements of the Jerome School District and the State Department of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, and language impairments.
- Provide hearing screening to identify speech handicapped children at regular intervals and at specified levels.
- Provide hearing aid education and monitoring.
- Serve as a resource to staff members in the development of a program for oral communication and speech improvement.
- Assist and guide staff members in observing, describing and referring suspected and identified speech/language impairments.
- Assist in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community.
- Provide appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet student needs and correct existing speech or language handicaps.
- Writes IEPs, classroom programs, and diagnostic evaluation summaries.
- Meet students at designated times and locations.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior.
- Participate as team member for problem-solving, evaluation and IEP meetings and maintain all required records.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Complete appropriate reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and suggest revisions to the program, as needed.
- Any other duties as directed by the Building Administrator.
Teachers: Special Education, Elementary and Secondary Classroom, and District Support Staff - Jerome School District Schools - see list