Each shift at Oasis Stop ‘N Go is busy and involves many tasks. A Customer Service Associate is the face of Oasis Stop 'N Go, so providing a superior customer experience is always our first priority. You will be considered an important contributing member of the Oasis team. Your efforts will be supported, guided and encouraged. Your own drive and skills are the only limits to your career opportunities. We offer a career, not just a job. The following positions in Oasis Stop ‘N Go have been filled by people who started in the store: Assistant Manager, Store Manager, District Manager, Pricebook Coordinator, Merchandising Director, Training Director, IT Director, and CEO.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide fast, efficient, friendly customer service. Always greeting and thanking all customers, and resolving any customer concerns that may arise.
• Report to work on time and follow uniform policies.
• Enter all sales in the Passport at the time of sale.
• Brew coffee, prepare and stock other dispensed beverages and supplies.
• Maintain cleanliness of the interior building including restrooms.
• Check in vendor deliveries, ensuring all products invoiced are received.
• Complete and submit daily paperwork.
• Restock, face and clean shelves and coolers. Verify no out of date merchandise exists.
• Maintain the cleanliness of exterior building, fuel pumps, and parking lot.
• Prepare and stock fast food items. Learn hot and cold requirements.
• Attend store team meetings and contribute your concerns and ideas.
• Be flexible with changes, including the possibility of rotating shifts, exchanged shifts, and extra hours in emergencies.
• Be knowledgeable about and follow company policies.
• Be safety and security conscious, following guidelines set out in the safety manual, and report any incidents to your store manager immediately.
• Treat customer, co-workers, and vendors with dignity and respect.
• Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Maintain a positive attitude.
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
• Must be 19 years of age to sell alcohol.
• Strong oral and written communication.
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks without constant direction.
• Occasionally requires lifting 50 pounds up to waist. Frequently requires lifting up to 25 pounds to chest or above.
• Must be in physically good shape and able to stand during entire work shift.
• Able to operate Passport cash register and count change to customers.