We are looking for an Applications Developer in Jerome, Idaho.
The Applications Developer is responsible for developing specifications and programming moderate-to-complex software which may be used directly or indirectly in the manufacturing process, both as part of a team and individually. This position involves software programming for existing systems and applications that need to be maintained/updated as well as new
applications. The Applications Developer is responsible for software validation, verification, and may also be called upon to install and configure off-the-shelf applications.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications of moderate to difficult complexity.
- Evaluate user requests to design/modify systems to align with existing or new business processes/goals.
- Communicate with internal end users and external customers to determine the requirements of requested applications.
- Design, perform, review, and certify the testing and validation of software applications.
- Support and/or install software applications/operating systems as well as any related hardware.
- Troubleshoot software interfaces and perform testing activities on various computer equipment and peripherals.
- Assist as needed in the administration and/or troubleshooting of existing software systems, both off-the-shelf and custom written.
- Provide user training for the above-mentioned software systems.
- With prior approval, purchase software.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Computer Science or other related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a programming/analyst role required.
- Experience with Reporting Technologies (SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI) required.
- Experience with Source Control Systems and CI/CD pipelines (DevOps/Git) required.
- Strong technical knowledge of current programming technologies and languages required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Web experience preferred.
- Experience with or understanding of the following preferred:
- Manufacturing and plant floor automation.
- SCADA systems, (Wonderware, FactoryTalk).
- PLC’s and OPC protocols.
- Time series data storage and retrieval, (Historian, OSI Pi).
- Windows Server and Virtual Environments.
- Legacy programming languages, (Visual Basic 6, VBA, ColdFusion).
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement