We are looking for a production Supervisor in Jerome, Idaho.
The position is every Thursday-Saturday and every other Sunday, 5:00pm-5:00am.
The Production Supervisor assists in overseeing production and packaging in the plant facility. The Production Supervisor supervises the operation of workers and equipment in the production and packaging area, while applying learned knowledge of processes involved and production methods.
- Oversee and supervise the daily operations of all production and packaging lines and systems.
- Perform the daily tasks of certain Sanitation positions based on the Plant Regulatory reports issued on an as needed basis.
- Completion of Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) documents in preparation for audits with daily sign-off if required, providing appropriate information to Quality Assurance as required. Follow-up on any audit items as needed.
- Adhere to Agropur policies on communication and documentation with the Quality department regarding product integrity and sanitation needs.
- Work directly with Supervisor and/or Quality when sanitation issues require immediate attention; redirecting workers to these areas as needed. Provide updates to the Quality Department and Plant or Production Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure ‘In Process’ targets are met; inspect and confirm that equipment has gone through CIP and is ready for Process through Pre-Op Inspections.
- Maintain and troubleshoot for equipment and production and packaging questions or issues. Involve appropriate maintenance, quality, or inventory areas as needed for assistance.
- Ensure In-Process samples are properly handled.
- Gather and review paperwork, legal charts and chemical concentrations.
- Keep product moving through the system in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ensure all employees are following proper procedures, completing safe working practices, and producing quality products. Identify and assist in implementing improvements in safety, quality, and productivity on shift.
- Review and assist in the follow-up on any Good Manufacturing Practices or production audit items.
- Communicate issues in production, sanitation, or equipment to next shift supervisor.
- Participate and prepare for company, customer, and third-party audits as needed.
- Communicate important information to all employees such as announcements, safety information, production requirements for shift, etc.
- Attend employee meetings.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate for optimal and efficient production of products; acting as backup for the production line positions as needed.
- Monitor employees and their breaks.
- Review weekly payroll time cards and sign off. Review and approve time sheets for team in a timely manner.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum three (3) years manufacturing experience required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate's Degree from a two-year college or technical school in a Science, Business, Operations Management or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a dairy and/or food production plant preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
What we offer you:
Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our Jerome, ID, plant is home to approximately 400 employees and processes approximately 7 million pounds of milk per day. This facility produces various types of cheeses, such as; mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, muenster, parmesan, romano, Monterey jack, gouda, and asiago. They also run various whey streams, such as; deproteinized whey, sweet dairy whey, GMP, permeate, instantized, and our top-rated BiPro products.
The Jerome, ID area is a paradise for those seeking unique recreation attractions. You can visit Shoshone Falls (the Niagara of the West), Perrine Bridge (the only legal spot to base jump from in the US), and the beautiful Snake River Canyon (perfect for canoeing, boating and walking). There are also multiple restaurants throughout the Magic Valley area with quality cuisine. You can also visit the Jerome Chamber https://www.visitjeromeidaho.com/
or Twin Falls Chamber https://twinfallschamber.com/ sites for more information on local events.